Thursday, September 4, 2008

Drill Baby Drill and Cackling Madmen

Hey, last night I was fired up by this Sarah Palin, and yes, they should flip the ticket.

But after meditating all day (yoga school), all I can remember from the Repubs is the whitest people ever, screaming, "Drill Baby, Drill!" and Rudy Giuliani cackling like Dr. Evil.

Somehow, at the margin, where the election will be decided, I don't see this playing that well. Not to mention the whole rape/ incest abortion thing just might be a deal killer for the female earth dwellers.

If I was the Dems, I'd just run an ad montage of Giuliani cackling, and the new mantra "Drill, Baby Drill!" on loop, then fade to black with white letters reading:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Anywhoski, Palin will make it interesting, but the odds haven't moved (www.intrade.com) and again, at the margin, at least this year, fear, 9-11, war-mongering, drilling, playbook 04 ain't selling.

It's the economy, genius.

Speaking of, congrats to all the long-only CNBC pundits for telling everyone the bottom was in and to get bullish.

Did I mention it was highly inadvisable to watch CNBC? Yes, I did. Carry on buying and praying.