Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fuck

FLASHBACK:

(Nov. 18, 2007. . .Besides walking around as the human ATM, I spent the majority of my time in what may be the greatest bar ever -Leopold's (also made famous by Shantaram). It was there last night, that I appeared on this supposedly huge TV show in Asia -Mondo Magic. Check your local AsiaTV listings. I think they may have me falling out of my chair.

Also, I have a very good friend there, Mahesh, who served me 3 nights in a row, and looked out for me like a brother. I met a Brit, 2 Aussies, a Philly girl, the manager for French Laundry, the crew of Mondo Magic, as well as the usual criminal element. Also, Mahesh is delivering a message for me to Mr. Roberts. Please ask for Mr. Mahesh if you go, he is class A.

FAST FORWARD TO PRESENT:

According to tonight's WSJ: "The Leopold restaurant, one of the most popular with foreign visitors to the city, was riddled with bullet holes and there were blood on the floor and shoes left by fleeing customers."

These maniacs were looking for Westerners,and they went to all the right places. Currently, we have a hostage situation, where Americans, Brits and Jews are being held. Biggest crisis since 9/11.

I have full confidence in both our President and President Elect here. This is your time, guys. I also have full confidence that the Indian police will go in guns blazing, no hesitation.

I have no confidence the fire will be put out. Bucket brigade. No water.

Likely, these killers were trained in Pakistan. They look very young. And no, you can't just bomb the shit out of villages. Doesn't work. We must get in there and build schools. That's the answer. It's not quick. It's not easy. It's just what's needed.

I pray for you, Mahesh.

Happy Thanksgiving.