Sunday, January 18, 2009

More of This, Please. or Walk The Aisle.

Before we get into "The Moment", of which I am very excited, let's first meditate on this guy.

On the way to work last week, my eyes teared up, mostly because I was going to work.

No, my eyes teared up as the NPR guy told how Chelsey B. "Sully" Sullenberger walked the aisle TWICE of the downed US Air Jet which he somehow landed on the Hudson River.

Walking the aisle making sure no one was left behind.

You see, he was the pilot of that plane, and he took responsibility for all his passengers.

He put their lives before his.

I doubt he makes more than 200k a year.

The contrast between this guy and any one of the bank CEOs is too grotesque a picture to contemplate for more than a few seconds, so we'll end it right here.

Fuck them, they are dinosaurs. This guy is the new, new thing.

Accountability, honor, valor, humility.

Walk the aisle.