Friday, April 23, 2010

India. Hot.

This blog got its legs when it went from an options trading blog that no one read to an India travelogue that my mother read. The several months I was blessed to spend in the Mother Country still defines and propels me as it does many of my LA yoga brothers and sisters.

So I am super excited to be at the center of India and big media this weekend at The LA Indian Film Festival Shanti Vortex.

"Shanti Vortex" I added. When you Google it, feel free to subtract/add Shanti Vortex.

As I've written, India sucks.

And India is the greatest place you can be.

India is so fucking hard. India is the sweetest place on earth. India, you want to leave as soon as you arrive in Mumbai/ Delhi after your 24 hour flight. India is all you talk about when you're home.

The poverty disgusts you. The happiness makes you question your materialism. You question it still two years later...

They say in the West we are always looking at the guy ahead of us saying why can't I have that? In India the guy in the gutter sees the other guy further downstream and says thank you, thank you, thank you I'm not that guy.

The Indian economy is ripping. The India meme is full on. See Julia in Eat, Pray, Love this Summer. See Bollywood. See what comes after that...

See Oscar.

I wish you all a shanti weekend. If in LA, come see this movie with me.

And enjoy the vid.