Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wild Peeing or "I'm From Holland, Where da F--- You From?"

I'm now full-on living in the village in a 200 rupee ($5) cement block room including breakfast and laundry. I am able to urinate freely -which is priceless. I can pee directly out my door, or wander the fields, or pee in the backyard. I can even pee on my neighbor's house.

Prior to that, I had moved out of my city squalor, into the www.amaidi.org guesthouse with 5 girls from Holland. Dutch girls are here in full force. I really have no explanation why, nor do I need one. I'm gonna marry one of the girls in a couple years. I'll be 35, she'll be 21. Our maturities will be equal.

We had an Indian style fender bender, 3 of us on a scooter wipe out. Fortunately, I was on the very back and landed on top of 2 girls. These girls are tough. It's hard enough being a guy in India, but women are harassed nonstop. I'm completely blown away by their courage, not to mention the fact that they are also volunteers. Off the charts.

We're still at Nirvana School, about another month for me. I'm developing relationships with the kids and they continue to rock my world with their unending enthusiasm and unconditional love and appreciation.

I'm about the luckiest guy in the world.

-yt