Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Indian Water Park" or "Dead Dog"

The Indian Water Park was awesome. All women in full clothing (saris) in the wave pool, all men with shorts and tee-shirts, all kids nude. The water slides were top shelf. Not in a million years would they pass inspection in the US, so they rocked. I'm sure someone, at some point, has or will rocket-ship off the lip propelling themselves 100 ft through the air, hopefully in the direction of the pool.

The rides were even better. When the door fell off one of them midway, they stopped the ride, pulled the crying kid off, and then let us finish. The roller coaster I can only describe as boring yet somehow physically painful. The best part of all the rides was you were in complete control of your safety bar. If you decided you didn't need it, and who really does these days, you could go bareback. . .

It was so authentic though, and so family-oriented. And the food at the canteen was the best ever -family style, 2 kinds of rice. It was hot as India, so clothes on in the pool -none of us cared, plus we were the only Westerners, so much respek to the IWP.

On a lighter note: I had a little white puppy that I was taking care of at night in my cement block. He was beaten I believe, and had a tough life during the day. But I was feeding it and trying to train it a bit when I got home late at night. He urinated on the floor as I fed him, so that's something, right??

Anyway, while I was at school the other day he go hit by a car for the second time, and it was over. Life is cheap here, and dogs are treated like rats or cockroaches (which I also live with).

The woman and her daughter who had been caring for it were crushed. That said, cute puppies are not a priority here. I'm not sure how I feel about it right now. I mean of course I'm very sad, and also mad, and yet also just accepting of it. You're frame of reference completely shifts here.

Been kind of sick again, and lost my voice for the first time yesterday. It was fantastic. I gave my best yoga class ever. Just shut-up and practice. Time is flying, what with the Thunderbolt and all that. So yeah, I'm having the time of my life.

More Love Than Ever,
yt