Monday, May 5, 2008

Yoga-Related-Activity

Never have I been so busy doing nothing.

Well that's not true, completely false actually. At the old Investment Bank, it was mandated: "every employee must be busy doing nothing from 6 AM to 6 PM Mon-Fri, and half-days of busy nothing on weekends, to be signed off by their respective middle-manager, managing nothing, busily."

Last check, they were still in business, although doing less of nothing than ever.

So, as hard as I try, I will never be able to keep up that tempo, but here in LA, the yoga mecca, I am able to maintain a 7 day per week, 12 hour day of yoga and yoga-related-activity.

Yoga and Yoga-Related-Activity (YRA) consists of:

meditation (1 hour)
classes (2-3 hrs)
bodywork/ massage (2 hrs)
spa (1 hr)
teaching/ assisting/ volunteering (2 hrs)
herbal tea sipping (1 hr)
vegan cooking (1 hr)
talking about yoga (1 hr)
downloading yoga music (10 minutes)
yoga Internets/ yoga blog (15 minutes)
riding yoga bicycle to and fro (1-2 hrs)

This can all be done for about $200 a month (without being paid for any yoga services). Amazing.

*In response to the anger mail I received regarding last week's Obama Muthafucka piece, I will be blogging politically now, nonstop thru the election.

Today, I'm still nauseous from the gas tax holiday. It's been over a week, but I keep throwing up.

When I recover, it's on.

-yt