Thursday, October 18, 2007

the GOOGinator

couldn't control myself, bought the GOOG Nov 710s w/ a limit order, clipped it a good price (although i'm too lazy to look it up right now -the stock was around $629-630 at the time).

after hours/ after earnings the late night trade was around $643, so it looks okay for now. . . mostly the trade was a whole lotta nothing, although we won't know for a few days.

the great part is i had yoga teacher training this afternoon, and the contrast to trading was almost too much for me to handle. by the time the GOOG earnings call started i was ready to rip someone's head off, and an hour later i'm Om-ing and practicing pranayama.

being in the training sangha (the amazing LA yoga community) made me realize what a colossal waste of time and energy my day had been. putting on a trade takes a few seconds. it did not require me to stare at blinking screens all day and pace around in my Google hat cheerleading. i can only describe the energy as frantic, manic, desperate, pathetic.

and for what. . .??

f-ck.

-yt