Thursday, October 11, 2007

holy f---ing sh-t!

days like this are what make me love trading. i was out of the gate early (see prev. post) sold my BA and ICE calls at their highs of the day, and was sitting pretty mid day, my retirement account (that i pack with derivatives) at an all time high. . .

then late afternoon (east coast) the market nosedives, like off a cliff, and i can't get any rationale, not that there ever, ever needs to be one, so i'm like holy f---ing sh-t, let's buy some of this, and better yet let me dump my AAPL 145 puts that have been killing me, were way out of the money, and expire next week, and i was able to recoup 25%-30% of my cost basis which was fantastic considering they were worthless yesterday and will be worthless next week (i hope). now, i'm just long the stock and calls, fully committed to steve jobs.

so i'm scooping up RIMM, BIDU, LULU calls and common on the mayhem, and at close had swung back roughly 70% the day's losses -which would have been MAJOR had i not been trading excessively.

sometimes excess works. sometimes, not so much. . .

om namah shivaya.

-yt